LYC 1.30% $6.25 lynas rare earths limited

Some of you statisticians out there may be familiar with this...

1. 3,760 Posts.
    Some of you statisticians out there may be familiar with this term.

Before I continue, a note to the moderators, this is merely a hypothesis of what may happen only. It is not my intention to cause lemming like behaviour where all merely follow without question.

Here goes:

First and foremost I am not a conspiracy theorist. I can only draw my own conclusions from what I observe from my "availability heuristic".

Heuristically, every time the share price “where’s it gonna go” type post pops up, it, quite frankly usually gets there….on the down side. RevelsCat just posted that 77 cents is holding for now. I am willing to bet it will break before we get the TOL…..because RevelsCat has said it.

I am not singling RevelsCat out. In fact what I am singling out is the “power” of HC.

Long have many said, these forums are watched, monitored and trolled. All the negativity and fear feeds the beast. There are literally hundreds of people reading and posting, most of which are shareholders. Your fear is easily fed and you need to snap out of it.

Every piece of speculation to the downside by holders and non-holders alike has come to pass. So far not one bit of good news from HC posts or even the company has had an iota of difference to the share price. This is not a complaint but merely an observation of a disjointed market. Something is wrong. It is not REE Basket Prices, and it is not Curtis’ management style or achievements to date (whether you believe he has been successful or not).

Question:

How come day in and day out around 1% of the issued stock (10-25million per day on average) changes hands…day in and day out and no notice of Change in Substantial holdings.

I posted something to this effect maybe yesterday, prodding to see if any knew what I was implying and no one bit down on that hook.

The beast is being fed and LYC is perhaps exclusively a day trading stock. Positions are being taken and closed out intraday or daily/overnight. There may or may not be shorting going on but it is the day trading and the cultivation of fear that is driving down the price. Unfortunately, most of that cultivation is happening on Hot Copper. All of you ignored bluesdog yesterday. Bluesdog was trying to do you all a favour.

The institutions are neither buying nor selling. They may be lending their stock but they sure as heck want it and will get it back.

That alone speaks volumes.

My null hypothesis is this and it comes with a request. The LYC share price is going down because of the LYC thread on HotCopper. You are playing poker with the market and you are betraying your emotions and laying your cards to bare. You can’t win at Poker this way.

If everyone who reads and posts on LYC Hot Copper thread goes into Self-Imposed exile and does not post on LYC thread for 24-48 hours my hypothesis is the LYC shareprice will in fact rise and rise substantially.

If any want to continue talking to me via email I can be reached at:

Coppertop137 at bigpond.com

Go on! Suspend yourself. Just try it. This is my last post, I am going to start….or better yet, moderators consider this a request from humble old Coppertop137 lock the LYC forum for 2 days.

Cheers and good luck!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.25
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $5.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.26 $6.17 $15.83M 2.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18985 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.25 53073 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.