IOH 0.00% 70.0¢ iron ore holdings limited

numbers in relation to fmg

1. 7,115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 845
    OK let's assume Iron Valley gets into production, the PFS said 12-15Mtpa was possible so let's work with 12Mtpa. Not sure if that's realistic from start-up but we need a number to work with.

I will run a worst case vs best case scenario (rough estimate) to give us at least a range of what the royalty component could be worth.

Worst case (at 2% royalty):
    12Mtpa sells FOB for $80 p/t.
    Total sales $960 Mill.
    2% royalty is $19.2 Million

Best case (at 5% royalty):
    12Mtpa sells FOB for $180 p/t
    Total sales $2.16 Billion
    5% royalty is $108 Mill.

I have used some very broad pricing on the FOB - $80 allows for the iron ore market to drop off substantially, whilst $180 would require another smallish bull market on iron ore. Neither price is impossible, but the current spot is around $140.

I would like to think that the actual value is somewhere around the midpoint of the best case & worst case scenario, so that would be around the $65 Million p/a mark.

I think if we can get in the ballpark of $65 Mill p/a within a few years it's an excellent result in addition to the $45 Million up front.

Can I have some comments, negative or positive on my rough numbers, I would really like to see the detail on the royalty but right now all we can do is estimate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.