NVX 4.14% 75.5¢ novonix limited

We have a too strong of a board to be pushed around by Tesla....

1. 2,730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1847
    We have a too strong of a board to be pushed around by Tesla.

They are only one company.

Novonix business model is set up to service any customer, including Tesla if they decide to use Novonix.

Looking on it now, if Elon was to use Novonix, how would China react to that? He is heavily in bed with them. Novonix's scale up was delayed in either 2017 or 2018 as they changed their business to remove any reliance on China. This did slow down their time line a little, add in Covid and the new technology breakthroughs with DAL for DPMG. But, now it's full steam a head and scaling.

My guess is VW, Stellantis Group and Rivian will be taking as much Synthetic Graphite as possible, with Samsung SDI has their battery manufacturer.

We have seen many auto groups start securing their raw materials, reaching down past the cell manufacturers in order to do this.

Is Samsung SDI validation of the product for all three Auto Manufacturing Groups? Time will tell.

Not only is locally supported materials de risking the supply chain, they can also brag about the "green" impact that Novonix has the edge over China.

I do honestly believe Novonix's biggest down fall is, they can't scale more in a shorter time frame. As Dr Burns has stated, at 150,000TPA in 2030, that is supplying less than 10% of US demand. Maybe down fall is not the right word. But, they have some work cut out and orders to fill.

There is also the European expansion, Novonix for the past few years have always said 2022-2025 is for EU expansion. IP filed to DPMG, Philips 66 UK Humber refinery needs to go green or risk packing up shop and Britishvolt talking about local Synthetic Graphite that Humber can provide the feedstock for. There is a lot going on.... Best part about it, Tesla or no Tesla, Novonix is set for success.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.