NVX 0.71% 70.5¢ novonix limited

NVX Chart, page-2713

1. 1,533 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    Everything I've seen still suggests a lot of promise, but many years from being able to scale and then many years for scaled infrastructure to be implemented. Most of the 'break through's' are great, but they have much more significant issues to overcome yet and most of the break throughs come with/create greater hurdles to be overcome - Si doping has material stressing issues, SSB have very short cyclical lifespans, Sodium based batteries have size and mass issues.

Check out this article from the Wall Street Journal: Why All Those EV-Battery ‘Breakthroughs’ You Hear About Aren’t Breaking Through

I think you might be trying to dissuade holders for your own reasons. Industry needs to start implementing change now to even start to meet the demand in five years; and they have chosen LiBs as their transition mechanism - evidenced by the hundreds of billions being directed that way.

Look, these new technologies 'might' come to fruition earlier than the scientific community anticipate, but the LiB technology will be well implemented prior giving them a first mover advantage. At most these new technologies will have a niche market catering to specific needs/requirements - like the hybrids have had for decades.

The EV market is going to be huge - I don't see these new technologies have a detrimental effect on NVX or other companies in the LiB chain for at least 15-20 years.

But hey that's just my opinion based on a lot of articles.

Last edited by BSquire: 01/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.