NVX 3.98% 84.5¢ novonix limited

I think the last time I posted on NVX was on that massive red...

1. YLJ
    819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4221/4221791-beb21323d8c8c2f75b31733cc40654c7.jpg

I think the last time I posted on NVX was on that massive red candle that began the
    formation of the consolidation that led to this ugly decline (from a shorter-term perspective).
    I've been keeping an eye on the potential bottom sign. The first one I would even
    consider appeared a couple of days back when the price finally closed above the 5-week
    SMA after testing support and a long-term 0.618 fib (I posted in a recent post on AVZ how
    I use this MA).
    This coincided with a small inverted H&S break (lighter blue letters). I considered an
    entry but did not like the small range of the bar compared to volume and wanted a little
    more confirmation and something a little larger.
    NVX is currently testing the neckline of a somewhat more substantial H&S (darker letters)
    with an abbreviated left shoulder which would carry a measured target of circa 7.52 around
    the low of the ominous red bar.
    I don't usually look at other MA's but occasionally take a look at 50 and 200 SMA's.
    The push against the neckline coincides with a push against the 50 (which is threatening
    a "golden cross".) I am willing to take a break above this level (also the 200 SMA) on
    volume with a stop below the right shoulder.
    I would not expect this to rise to previous highs with ease and will be aggressive with
    some profit-taking and stop management but it may be the beginning of a return
    to an upwards trajectory.
    Will be keeping an eye also on the weekly chart's left shoulder level for a possible
    right shoulder formation. If formed, the could also turn into a much more substantial
    H&S Failure, though intrinsically it would be a bearish pattern.
    Happy to take one or two risk focussed attempts to get on board...
    All IMHO and GLTA
    Charting is not about predicting the future, but about capitalizing on opportunities
    whilst managing risk.

Last edited by YLJ: 31/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.