NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

NWEs LD Gas - potential worth

1. 3,032 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5748
    Here's some numbers for NWE Ive been saving for the right time. Maybe a bit premature, but its an eye opener.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4351/4351787-1b1a1a1ecb1c398d757501de877ebd31.jpg
    This is for NWE's share. Its LD/NED only. Gas and condensate. No oil.
    Assuming AUD15/MSCF pricing for gas, (average price - some will be domestic rate, some will be export rate), and AUD 80/bbl for the condensate.
    20M capex NWE's share for 4 wells
    50M capex NWE's share for gas processing plant and pipeline.
    Total production per day 300 MMSCF. NWE share 60 MM SCF/day
    I might have missed something. Ive not been fancy with LT pricing and Ive assumed equity funding. And it is a very simplistic model, intended for ball park illustrative purposes only.

Gives a potential NPV for LD/NED of around AUD 4 billion...NWE's share. Current NWE MC AUD 250 million.

So the question is how much risk is there in the project???...enough to discount it by 95% of its theoretical/potential NPV?? I don't think so.
    Is it 25%($1B)? 50% ($2B)? or is it 75% ($3B)? It all depends on what stage of the de-risking journey we are looking at.
    If you're blown away at these numbers, spare a thought for the poor old min folk who picked 80% up for $15M, after having failed with a $500M bid for Waitsia. Talk about bargain of the century.
    So when I see people throwing SP numbers around...I go back to this and say to myself...do they really know what they're talking about? And this is for LD/NED only. If the other prospects/leads come in...it just adds to the tally.
    To my mind, the penny has not really dropped...or has it??(for some). DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.