NXM 2.22% 4.6¢ nexus minerals limited

NXM the next multi bagger, page-2759

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 296
    Well Mr Gold, I can understand why no one has rushed in to explain the complexity Extreme complexity of calculating a JORC compliant resource.
    I am no geo' (some geo's out they will piss their pants with this effort) but here goes:
    The earth's crust does not have the consistency of a well mixed cake or that of a South American salt lake lithium resource. Ore bodies almost always vary hugely in their vertical structure, longitudinal structure, and their lateral structure as well as the percentage of the sought element, few more so than gold. One sort of exception can be iron ore, but that is a completely different case.
    The earth's crust can have folds, a bit like ocean waves, often on a much bigger scale.
    The crust can have fault lines where one stratum has broken in half, with one shifting up and the other down; in some cases by 100s metres.
    Then the cake mix is, almost invariably, variable.
    Imagine six drill holes 100 metres apart = a linear distance of 500 metres.
    Drill Hole1 hits gold at 50 metres down hole. The band of gold is 15 metres wide and averages 4 grams per tonne. But 50 to 52 metres is 8 grams per tonne. Then nothing but rocks from 65 to 100 metres. Then 30 metres averaging 10 grams per tonne (yee haa)
    DH2 100 metres to the east returns nothing in the top 25 metres, then 9 grams per tonne over 22 metres. Then nothing all the way down till they stop drilling at 240 metres,
    How is the geology of these two DH's connected?
    Then DH3 100 metres further to the east finds nothing down to 180 metres, then hits 11 grams per tonne (AVERAGE) over 36 metres, with 1 metre of 30 grams per tonne.
    (Let's leave DH4, 5 and 6 till next week.)
    WTF is going on? Or in geo speak, we need closer drilling to determine where faults or folds in the earth's crust are occurring. So they do closer drilling, maybe as close as 25metres between each hole.
    I trust that explains the vertical complications.
    Now the longitudinal complications. Strike lines, in mineral fields rarely run in purely straight lines. Example, DH7 100 metres due North of DH1 goes to a depth of 250 metres and turns up diddly squat. DH8 100 metres east of DH7 hits 10 grams of gold from 30 metres down hole. and DH8 hits 11 grams of gold 35 metres down hole. Nothing geology is as simple as a sponge layer cake, or tim tam.
    So the field geo's contract more infill drilling.
    And that is the easy bit.
    Eventually, they have a drilled strike length (say north south) of 1,000 metres by 500 metres east west and of variable depths. Blind freddie, or my dog, know the company has gold but how much. Everything then goes off to the JORC Calculators (super smart totally independent dudes). A bit like the computer nerds, or hacker, of geo' results and they comply with the Very legal defined rules - read up on JORC and be prepared to get bored shitless.
    But then it get worse. The JORC computer guys invariably have to make assumptions about grades of gold vertically, horizontally and along the strike. To put it simply, if they underestimate - shit
    If they Overestimate bigger shit.
    So they request More infill drilling = they want some drill lines drilled closer, and that takes time.
    The JORC guys are Required by Law to comply with the JORC.

And that is why there can be delays, but only some of the whys

I am sure someone can do better. But I say, get of their case, they are not flipping hash browns

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $22.37M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.6¢ 4.5¢ $19.32K 424.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 80000 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 77000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.03pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.