ny.. and this is crazy!

1. 2,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43

So far we have been here 2 hours...am sitting on grassland at Berrys Head. It is a waterfront reserve area. There are lots of families here, but there is plenty of room...this place never gets crowded. It is our preferential spot for watching New Years' fireworks. It is a hidden gem of a place. Mind you one can only see the tip of the Harbour Bridge, but if you do not wish to be lost in the crowds, then this place is heaven...you see a good display except for the actual Bridge itself.

Kids playing cricket, ballgames, running around yet everyone is so spread out it is enjoyable to watch....so much energy abounds. Kids so happy.

We have come earlier this year as we called into the Genius Bar at Chatswood as my phone died yesterday and I was hoping to get it fixed....well, it is actually going to be replaced....just not immediately giving me the chance to download all the things I want to keep on my phone...bit of a bugger really, but oh well, can't complain.

About an hour ago it was raining and we were huddled up on our chairs with a large umbrella covering all our gear. It's a bit chilly so could have brought some extra warmth. For now it has stopped raining.

Then directly in line with us beyond the Navy ship that is moored across the Bay and just over the hill we watched an aeroplane perform some fancy feat of flying straight up then diving downward toward the ground. He did this several times with some added twists and turns. Even my adrenalin kicked in just watching....imagine being a lit closer.

Then at 10 past 8 a few fireworks went off...the smoke was coloured mostly blue and purple. Looking across toward the City Centrepoint Tower stands above all....the red lights glowing as if a lamp. There are plenty of coloured lights flickering, it is all very pretty.

There is a catamaran moored near us in the Bay....oh so pretty as well...coloured lights flickering. Large vessels sail past the entrance to the bay...lights atop.

Ok...now we have the fireworks....lots of red balls exploding in the sky and
    falling in pieces towards the ground. It's silent again. The children momentarily got excited. There are lots of glow toys ...one kid is running around with sparklers.

It is not just chilly, it is freezing...!!!

To be continued....

Cheers...
    And I hope all have a wonderful New Year...
    It's time to bring out the wine...
    Cazzex

PS....I wonder if pete and his crew made it down...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.