NTL 0.00% 2.0¢ new talisman gold mines limited

NZ Election Coromandel

1. 1,603 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    NZ Election Coromandel

Here is the video of the candidates' stand on mining:

National: Scott Simpson "not philosophically oppose mining"

Green: Scott Summerfield "Absolutely against mining"

NZ First: Anne Marie Andrews "I don't have a personal stand. See both sides. Must have discussion first"

Labour Nathaniel Bloomfield "i am against mining in Coromandel"

However...

Can Nathaniel Bloomfield win the election?

2014 results
    National received 18,738 party votes, followed by Labour (5,320), New Zealand First (4,356), the Greens (3,189) and the Conservatives (1,817). Will need a huge swing.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11920224

And even if Labour wins...

Nathaniel Bloomfield to Protect Karangahake "I will look into That, but I am pretty sure as soon as we have a chance to put the extension of protection of doc land to mt Te Aroha in place, as we have said we will do, that will put a halt to exploratory mining immediately. It will take a small bit of time to change that but any bushiness man with any clue would stop pretty quick once they know they wont be able to carry on under Labour. they wont want to spend any money they cant get a return on. "

we will extend protection to cover the Karangahake I am just unsure of how long  it takes to inact that after becoming the Govt thats all This is not a controversial issue for Labour we are very clear about it and have been for decades."

Source :

But then:  in the video, he was talking about "feasibility of underground mining is too expensive and I don't think they want to do it". Then he went on about open pit mining.

So what is the law

In my opinion,  sh 4 is not applicable to NTL as there is no open pit mining.   Even if Labour wins, Nathaniel only want to halt  exploratory mining and he certainly has no rush to do it.

In my opinion it is impossible both legal and ethical for any government to revoke an existing mining license, there will be uphill battle for NTL to get a full mining permit if labour win but that does not stop NTL from getting the gold by the end of the year.

At the current MC and share price, full
    scale mining was never priced in.

So i say BUY and I am buying.

NB. My opinion is not your legal or investment advice and DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.830M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000000 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 3103636 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.