NZ stocks, page-2

1. 604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    I am flattered that you would even ask!

It is worth noting that I am extremely lazy, and as such I don't spend all of my spare time reading annual reports for every single company on the NZX and ASX like Warren Buffett would have done in his younger days.

For me to invest, the 'story' of a company has to really grab my attention. When it does I study the business deep and go in heavy with my money if I like what I see. The businesses usually find me, not the other way around.

And I probably only need two or three really good ideas over my lifetime to do really well. Five max. And, if life expectancy stats are anything to go by, I still have a good 50 years ahead of me. So there is time.

I think Mohnish Parbrai (a man even lazier than me) described this approach as "laziness bordering on sloth". My man.

Given the really high valuations in the markets right now, I can't say there is anything else that leaps out to me as an 'obvious' choice. Opportunities like Sky are rare, I find.

Fortunately my temperament is patient (when it comes to investing anyway!) and I know that, eventually, another 'no-brainer' will be staring me in the face from the front page of the news.

Until then, I accumulate capital.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.