1AI 9.09% 1.0¢ algorae pharmaceuticals limited

Evening Fixator,You seem to have taken a keen interest in...

1. 179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Evening Fixator,

You seem to have taken a keen interest in LCT...good stuff.

When I attended the AGM last year I spoke with Dr Elliot about competition and he did mention stem cell research, however that is still many many many years away from even being tested in humans I was lead to believe. There are some other US based companies looking at similar treatment however I believe one just went broke and remainders do not have access to the pig herd that LCT do, so I believe they're the competition leader at present.

As for the encapsulation technology, they do own it so you're right, they will look at licensing this out...the following is from LCT's last quarterly newsletter:

'You will also read in this newsletter that other groups have taken an interest in LCT's encapsulation technology. LCT has started a research collaboration with a major US pharmaceutical group - Centocor Research & Development, Inc. LCT is to place cells from Centocor into microcapsules so that the cells can be implanted to treat disease without immunosuppressive drugs. This creates
    the potential for a future licensing of LCT's technology to others who want to implant different types of cells, including stem cells, in a safe manner.'

Link to the full newsletter is: http://www.lctglobal.com/downloads/cms_latest_news/2009-03-15-LCT%20Quarterly%20Newsletter.pdf

Thinking of taking the plungs into LCT?

All the best

SW

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1AI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
-0.001(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $16.87M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 1.0¢ $500 50K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 3533429 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 1744396 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.34pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
1AI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.