GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

HooHoo thanks for that.I don't think anyone on this thread was...

1. 897 Posts.
    HooHoo thanks for that.

I don't think anyone on this thread was under the misconception that GBG and Ansteel were basing a $1.8b project on using candlepower for their energy needs.

Karara Energy needs 1 million megawatt hours per annum to ensure sufficient power supply to their main customer- KML. Are you saying the current infrastructure has that capacity and can guaratee that supply to KEL now, let alone over the next two decades of development?
    I'm no expert so your comment would be appreciated.

Why has GBG themselves then suggested that they need the 330 kV SWIS upgrade to ensure sufficent power supply. And as far as I know Oakajee does not have the power infrastructure needed for the construction or anything like running of the port.

Consider these old statements from GBG then in relation to the contract between Verve and KEL.

Verve Energy’s MD, Shirley In’t Veld, said: “We welcome the completion of this mutually beneficial contract, which will deliver significant benefits for Verve Energy, the Mid-West community and for the State of Western Australia. At the same time, it will underpin the provision of a source of long-term and reliable power to assist in the development of the Mid West region’s resources.”

And Dixon commented-
    “The establishment of Karara Energy and the agreement to source power from Verve Energy will guarantee a baseload customer to underpin the new power infrastructure required to service the many projects already underway in the Mid-West region,” he continued. Karara Energy is also working closely with Western Power, to secure the transmission infrastructure which will support the Project.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.