ANS 0.00% 1.7¢ austsino resources group limited

Oakajee, page-30

1. 1,563 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    been slow-- heres some reading

https://trademinister.gov.au/transcripts/Pages/2019/sb_tr_191106d.aspx

Question: In Western Australia, Sinosteel has emerged as a major shareholder in the Oakajee Port Project. It’s an important iron ore port. The Austrian Strategic Policy Institute has said this raises national security concern. Do you have any comment on that?

Simon Birmingham: Sinosteel has been a long term investment partner with Australia and has over a very long period of time helped to open up our resources industry and create job opportunities for Australians. Now, in terms of future investments seen in areas of infrastructure, of course, they may be subject to further processes, and I won’t – as is custom – comment on individual [indistinct] cases. But I would note that there is significant difference between, for example, the sale of existing critical infrastructure facilities versus investing in new or significant upgrades to develop new capability for the export of resources from Western Australia or anywhere else in that regard. And ultimately we continue to welcome investment, whether it's from here or anywhere else around the world. Where it involves critical infrastructure, it will be subject to appropriate, rigorous assessment against the national interest, as indeed all foreign investment that triggers assessment is subject to that assessment against the national interest. And we are mindful of the protection of critical infrastructure assets in Australia. But also making sure that our resources sector and other sectors have the infrastructure they need to succeed. And as I say, there is a distinction that people ought to bear in mind between the sale of existing facilities versus the development or investment in new capability.

really - DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.