oakegate scandal update #2, page-37

1. 2,560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    SharesRfun,
    I am not aware of Rudd meeting Murdock at that time,though I am sure these meetings go on all the time.The relationship between the media and politicians is always one trying to extract some benefit from the other by any means possible.Its hard ball.Its self serving.Its volatile.
    While newspapers are free to push the "policy" of their owners they still need to show some balance and regard for the public interest by reporting the facts.While Oakkshot must be held accountable for any wrong doing,the charge here clearly has no realionship to his actions.

It maybe this treatment of Oakkshot is some sort payback to the labor party.I dont know.Is that the point you were making?If so,then I am glad you can also see that the Murdock Press is "leaning" on him.

While Oakkshot (with others) holds the balance of power in this country he is in a tentative position to make decisions affecting all our lives.Maybe we should give him the latitude to concentate on that and not have to deal with all the side shows.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.