oaks day, page-3

1. 33,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Rail shift inspires punters in 2013 VRC Crown Oaks
    Nic Ashman - 6/11/2013
    A leading bookmaker has suggested the large sums of money starting to arrive for Kirramosa in Thursday’s VRC Crown Oaks (2500m) could have something to do with the positioning of the rail.

The first two days of the Flemington carnival has seen the rail in the true position with the majority of winners coming from on the pace.

Kirramosa defied the pattern when she came from last to win Saturday's Group II Wakeful Stakes (2000m) elevating her to the top of markets for the VRC Crown Oaks.

"They flew in the Wakeful Stakes and I think helped her win the race after she sat last,” Sportingbet’s Michael Felgate said.

"Most people thought post-race they won’t be going that quick in the Oaks with Kirramosa sitting handier in the run.

"But then she drew barrier 10, the outside of the field, and the general consensus was that she’d go back again I think that stopped some of the bigger punters.”

But on Thursday the VRC will move the rail to the three metre position and Felgate says that could’ve inspired the Kirramosa fans.

"Quite often when the rail goes out, the pattern of racing changes and I reckon that’s given the punters some confidence,” he said.

"We took a bet of $50,000 at $3.50 and she went straight into $3.30 but then we took another bet of the same size and she’s now a $3 chance.

"The best filly usually wins this race and the way she won last Saturday suggests she might fit that profile.”

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/94961/Rail-shift-inspires-punters-in-2013-VRC-Crown-Oaks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.