BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

This is huge news for BTA I'd assume. It is one of most read...

1. 95 Posts.
    This is huge news for BTA I'd assume. It is one of most read stories on MarketWatch. I take it USA can now order/distribute these antivirals with a lot less red tape which is the crux of the story in terms of benefits for BTA/GSK.

I understand that Tamiflu has been around a lot longer than Relenza and is main reason for it's use and recommendation by WHO with Relenza running a close second, but isn't Tamiflu now finding resistances in multiple strains of H1N1?

Sorry in advance if you guys have been over this 100 times as I'm relatively new to BTA thread. Cheers

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- President Barack Obama declared the H1N1 flu outbreak a national emergency, giving officials the ability to bypass some federal requirements for battling emergencies, the White House said Saturday.

The proclamation is similar to declaring a hurricane an emergency before it makes landfall, according to officials.

More than 1,000 people have died in the U.S. from swine flu, including almost 100 children, and the flu is widespread in 46 states.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-declares-swine-flu-is-a-national-emergency-2009-10-24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.