WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

obj ......, page-83

1. 1,989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 120
    Got a laugh out of me.
    Asx busy canceling out trades and have reset the closing prices for tomorrow. So open again tomorrow at 8.5 being the close price for today.
    All I know is the guys at Asx been busting their guts today. Managed to patch pieces up but in the end the whole system has too many internal linkages and interconnections up until settlement. Always a difficult decision but they made the right call in the afternoon to call it quits and clean out the trades. Been on the other side (broker side before) where tried to correct errors only to find was more like catching a falling knife or knives. Probably be a few pissed brokers though tonight reconciling out the canceled trades - depends whether they decided to continue trading mid day when system restored - likely a few brokers decided not to risk it, given the dependancy on unstream clients who may have decided similarly to refrain from trading given the dodgey liquidity floating around. Also wondering whether any of the less scrupulous brokers got themselves caught out or not today - there are very strict rules regarding price manipulation (not talking about the tick here and there, rather attempting to trade outside price bands) - would have been a bad day to try that given the thin liquidity and the fines are extremely high and include trading suspensions.
    Last edited by BazTokyo: 19/09/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.