LYC 0.79% $6.30 lynas rare earths limited

objective analysis of today's events, page-25

1. 2,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    Dorski

I agree 100% with your analysis. There was so much manipulation of the ill-informed yesterday,it wasn't funny. I dont know who are worst - the deceitful manipulators or those who didnt take the trouble to get properly informed. The truth is both groups were made for each other...

One thing that has occurred to me overnight is that the journalists who deliberately or negligently misprepresented the situation (which in turn gave carte blanche to the market manipulators to have a field day) was the way the IAEA report, the Ministry statement and the LYC statement were drafted. Ultimately, each statement confirmed LYC had the go ahead and there would only be a short delay, but they were drafted so as not to offend the anti-Lynas groups (ie to save them face). This meant that the statements could easily be deliberately or otherwise misconstued. Once those with a financial interest in reducing the LYC share price (institutional and trader shorters) saw the misinterpretation, it was relatively easy to spread it further and further and instil fear and panic in the market. I have little doubt that quite a few posters yesterday won this forum were involved in this process. Either for their own personal benefit or on the payroll of someone else who would benefit.

The other interesting observation is how utterly hopeless is the "profession" of journalism. They all take the same feed without any independent analysis and in a flash a lie becomes reality all over the globe.

No point in trying to change the world. It is what it is. The world is full of the unscrupulous and the lazy and the stupid. Thankfully, there are however still quite a few decent honest people around fortunately who are prepared to expose incompetency, lies and the unscrupulous. Thanks to all those posters yesterday and today who did just that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.30
Change
-0.050(0.79%)
Mkt cap ! $5.935B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.34 $6.35 $6.30 $901.2K 142.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 16081 $6.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.30 331 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.14am 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.