WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

objobjobj, page-9

1. 4,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 312
    abdm, i am also unaware of any other biotech's in Australia that are in bed with so many multi-national companies. I have found some interesting finds regarding gsk and partnering.

First article is a little dated but IMO it is still very relevant and does give us a fairly good picture of how important partnering is to GSK

http://blog.pharmtech.com/2008/03/27/gsk-official-discusses-pharma-partnering/

"Forty percent of GSKs pipeline is derived from licensing, acquisition, or other types of partnering, he said, revealing how the pharma industry has become open to external collaborations"

"King said that he began building his relationship with Pfizer and other pharmaceutical companies early in the companys development and multiple years before the time the company was eventually acquired."

King is the former CEO of BioRexis Pharmaceuticals which was acquired by Pfizer in 2007. Does sound like what OBJ is currently doing with multiple multinational companies.

This article also caught my attention:

http://blog.pharmtech.com/2008/03/27/gsk-official-discusses-pharma-partnering/

"The first quarter of 2010 saw a significant number of deals with a headline value in excess of $500 million." GSK

'GSK Isis - March 2010 - Infection - Discovery - Headline value: US$1,500m'

'GlaxoSmithkline and Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in drug Development Deal of up to $1.5bn. Isis will be eligible to receive license fees and milestone payments, totalling nearly $1.5 billion, in the event all six programs are successfully developed for one or more indications and commercialized through to pre-agreed sales targets.'

This is a drug development but they had an agreement and as Bluebush has stated previously, the most likely path that will be taken once an agreement is signed is to have the payments in increments after each milestone.

The article then goes on to list the deals and the payments that will be made once each milestone is reached. Now GSK is currently still running tests which will alow to them to assess its(FIMs) effectiveness to quantify the business opportunity. Once the in vivo efficiency testing is complete and if successful IMO i think we should get numbers and figures regarding the potential in the market for the FIM product. This should then give us a good indication of how much each milestone payment will be. But judging from the deals that have been established between GSK and biotech companies the payments are mind boggling. OBJ will be no different IMO.

My question to the hotcopper posters is whether we will get a milestone payment if the FMCG gains favorable finds from their technical testings? It states on the announcement that upon positive results the deal will be signed sealed and delivered... IMO FMCG will be the company maker with our technology being applied to many products on the FMCG's line. Either way if GSK or FMCG give us he tick of approval, expect 100% rises in one day easily as the amount of money that we will get from these deals will be astounding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.