WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

As time progresses, P&G is no longer able to hide how dependent...

1. 1,868 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 533
    As time progresses, P&G is no longer able to hide how dependent it is on OBJ's technology in its skin care products.  It dawned on me last week when we saw this slide (slide no. 42) in P&G's New York investor presentation.
    42.jpg
    For the first time, there's a reference to one of OBJ's products in a P&G investor presentation - the MAGNETIC BOOSTER.  As we all know, the Magnetic Booster device was released in P&G's SK-II range in August last year, and it received rave reviews.  Now we have a reference to it immediately under the OLAY CELLSCIENCE brand name, P&G's recently released range of Olay products in China, which introduces a scientifically advanced formulation which P&G have been selling as a break-through technology that will see "visible skin transformation in 28 days."  This is P&G's new creme-de-la-creme Olay range, and it appears, from the placement of the words MAGNETIC BOOSTER, that the OBJ-created device is going to be the centrepiece of this flagship Olay range, for use with all of the products.  Of course, the curious thing is that although there's an explicit and prominent reference to MAGNETIC BOOSTER in this slide, there's no actual device pictured. We know what it looks like though.

booster.png
    But as @cmk1969 suggested last week, the device is most likely to be golden instead of red as was the case with SK-II.

It was just today that I realised how central OBJ is becoming to P&G's skincare range.  If you visit Olay's China website , you will be present edwith a visually beautiful website and a sliding banner of 5 different products/ranges that P&G want customers to obviously be drawn to.  It appears that 3 out of the 5 banners have OBJ technology that are central to (or are anticipated to be central to) the product range.  The other 2 banners are older product ranges, so I suspect those 2 will be the first to disappear in the future.  Here they are:

Banner # 1
    The Cellscience range, which we now know is most likely to have an OBJ-created golden magnetic booster as its centrepiece.
    homepage_panel_olay_cellscience.jpg

Banner # 2
    The MAGNEMASK range, featuring OBJ's Magnetic Power Infuser device
    homepage_panel phantom.jpg

Banner #3
    This features the Olay Skin Advisor, P&G's introduction to personalisation which OBJ's "second technology" will presumably be incorporated into, if all goes to plan.
    Compass KV_PC_02.jpg

Banner #4
    Total Effects - an old range.
    homepage_panel5.jpg

Banner #5
    Regenerist - an old range which may be subsumed by Cellscience.

homepage_panel3.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.