EML 0.54% 92.0¢ eml payments limited

Oblivion .., page-4

1. 3,637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 332
    It is frustrating. This is my read of the current situation and a couple of forecasts.

Analysis - The most recent announcement sent the stock price soaring initially on lighter volume, only to fall on heavier volume later in the day. This indicates that retail money liked the announcement, but the institutional investors didn't, so as they control the bulk of liquidity, they also control ultimate direction in terms of price.
    Retail seems to like the current plan of focusing on the core business, whereas the institutions love the hype of expansion and growth. So, this may present a conundrum to EML in attracting institutional investment in the medium term.

Predictions - We'll probably get a double bottom around low 70s despite higher volumes which have been accompanied by limited support. My feeling is that insto selling is not done yet. Today should have seen a green close, but the instos just sold more into retail confidence. Hopefully this all rattles the cage of the EML board and forces them into action. One possible scenario is a merger with another player in the same space. What could be holding that back is the CBI fiasco, but having said that, Bain Capital was looking to make an offer which was rejected by board members who (thank God) are now gone!

This presents three options to all of you:
    1. Sell and walk away - you can't win them all.
    2. Wait for a lower price for the next top up (likely my strategy for now)
    3. Just grab the wrench from the tool box, tighten your nuts, and hold on come what may.

Either way, I can't see Santa bringing much down the chimney for EML.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $345.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.5¢ 94.0¢ 91.5¢ $763.1K 826.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10588 92.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.5¢ 18336 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.