Observation today on Melb facemask wearing, page-14

1. 35,331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

Yep. I did/do wonder about the sporting events in stadiums. It makes sense to be masked up when queuing in a big crowd. Being able to sit together unmasked seemed strange to me unless you're well spaced.

Were there crowd number restrictions i.e. spacing once seated ?

There have been any stupid/poor decisions by all during this pandemic. No question about that. What really disappoints me is we still don't seem to be repeating mistakes and not really working together, state to state.

That said, there has been a lot of great work being done that the public doesn't see. Both state and federal.

Australia and the states had pandemic policies prior to Covid. Clearly they were absolutely pathetic.

What really frustrates me is that we are still fiddling around the edges. We are still negotiating about quarantine facilities. It is most likely we won't need them by the time they are built.
    We also don't appear to be sharing the information enough. We have had several hotel breaches for the same reason. We have had several mistakes and failures in contact tracing. I don't know why there hasn't been a group overseeing all of this to make sure everyone is using the highest standard as we learn it.

There have been many things that have turned out differently. E.g. Schools aren't the petri dishes we thought they might have been.

While it's probably better that the states run their own quarantine, the feds should be hovering over the top supervising the whole thing. Making sure information is shared. Making sure the very best practices are being used. That way we might be more consistent with lockdowns and things like masks.
    And then that information should be shared with the public.

I don't accept that all outbreaks are the same and then should be treated the same. E.g. Vic vs NSW. However, I would like to see the differences published for those interested to see. To the point where people need to be employed to communicate that information. Especially to business groups etc.

I see that Victoria has performed 40% of all vaccinations in Australia in the past week. I think that's an interesting stat.

Very sadly, I still don't see much leadership from the feds. While they are doing their bit, it seems politics are really getting in the way. The feds should have a national quarantine policy committee organised now to be working on fixing this up, once and for all.

It seems they are only doing what they have to do to stay out of the limelight. mad.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.