TSN 0.00% 1.0¢ the sustainable nutrition group ltd

Observations that make me uncomfortable, page-16

1. 61 Posts.
    If you want some bed time reading, then I suggest having a look at the following research paper:

Hyaluronic Acid Conjugates as Vectors for the Active Targeting of Drugs, Genes and Nanocomposites in Cancer Treatment

http://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/19/3/3193/htm (Published Jan 2014 - Revised March 2014)

Under 3.2 - HA-Oncofid-S

"It is worth noting that formulations of HA with different anticancer drugs (irinotecan, doxorubicin, 5-fluorouracil) through HyACT® technology (Alchemia), where the drug is not covalently linked to HA, also appear to be very promising. HA plus irinotecan is currently in phase III trials for colorectal cancer "

The important part to take out of this statement is "formulations of HA with different anticancer drugs". HyACT is a platform that interacts with different drugs, it is not just a single drug targeting a single type of cancer.

Abstract

: Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally-occurring glycosaminoglycan and a major component of the extracellular matrix. Low levels of the hyaluronic acid receptor CD44 are found on the surface of epithelial, hematopoietic, and neuronal cells; it is overexpressed in many cancer cells, and in particular in tumor-initiating cells. HA has recently attracted considerable interest in the field of developing drug delivery systems, having been used, as such or encapsulated in different types of nanoassembly, as ligand to prepare nano-platforms for actively targeting drugs, genes, and diagnostic agents. This review describes recent progress made with the several chemical strategies adopted to synthesize conjugates and prepare novel delivery systems with improved behaviors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TSN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.