NEU 1.06% $18.65 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Observing...

1. 1,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 66
    For reasons I've explained, I wasn't holding neu this morning. Well done to those who were - I can imagine the great feeling of seeing the announcement come out this morning. I saw the positive announcement and figured I'd be calculating the missed profits all day. I was really surprised how little the rise was though and to be honest, I'm now pretty comfortable with the decision. Basically, the best news possible arrived and the sp went up by half. If the news has been bad, it would have dropped by much more than that. Therefore, odds wise, you'd have wanted the chances of success to be odds on to make the numbers work. I didn't think the chances were anywhere near that so, well done to holders but I'm happy enough with the logic applied, even if I missed today's profit ( and fun of being part of the celebrations). You'd think it will go higher, but I can buy now without the same risk had I been holding before the results. It's been an odd stock. A few observations....

1. Really odd it didn't get the standard boost in sp running up to results. It actually seemed to get weaker. V different to most. I kept waiting for signs of an upswing to jump in on, but it never came.
    2. With the low starting price, it was an oddly subdued rise in sp with these results, given it was higher than this not long ago with no results.
    3. Punters may be worried about cap raising - trials are expensive and you'd expect the company to act soon.
    4. Wonder if the bigger buyers will arrive in next day or so having had a good look at the results.
    5. Odd that someone who's spent the last year or more carrying on night and day about this day and hoping for this set of results would choose to spend the day ranting and raving.

be interesting to see what happens now. My guess is it will go up, but my guesses haven't been great thus far so who knows.
    Last edited by cortinaboy: 12/11/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.65
Change
-0.200(1.06%)
Mkt cap ! $2.381B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.85 $18.92 $18.35 $10.53M 566.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 45 $18.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.73 1500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$18.73
  Change
-0.200 ( 0.73 %)
Open High Low Volume
$18.89 $18.89 $18.36 91292
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.