OCC 1.16% 42.5¢ orthocell limited

OCC Trading, page-1362

1. 7,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6934
    I am shorting a lot of the Aussie market again. I shorted the US equity mkt late 2021 (how I held off as long as I did I will never know after US inflation first showed in April 2021 and idiot Powell called it transitory) and went long the US and Australia again mid 2022 (mostly through EOFY sell down bargains), but selling out of many gains recently. I am now shorting EU equity mkts too, which are so far behind the curve on inflation, interest rate rises and QT (big ECB bond offload finally effectively commencing this month).

You are so right regards GFC. The race to zero on interest rates was utterly reckless and hearing the idiots talk of supply constraints for inflation only. Nothing to do with the massive COVID money pump that was absurdly off the charts:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5112/5112173-6def1131a619db3cb64dd0c9bf603b54.jpg

The most obvious barometer, debt to GDP. now 250% of global GDP from 70% pre GFC. Its madness and inflation the only thing that finally halted the delusion of Central Banks on the effects of free money. Its very difficult to not be utterly gloomy if you understand economics, finance and particular have an egalitarian tilt towards wealth distribution. You mention liar loans above. I've read a few interesting articles of 80%+ mortgaged Australian young buyers in 2020/21/22 believing Lender Mortgage Insurance protected them!! LMI just encourages moral hazard at the banks and more liar loans that you flag.

The can has not just been kicked down the road, its been rolled growing ever bigger on ever cheaper and ever poorer standards of additional debt.

There are very few companies to like amongst the Australian economic implosion about to unfold, but OCC is one.

It is not without its handicaps; the OCC Board, like so many are just financially illiterate when it comes to capital mkts, but very capable at self award. So many ASX Board members just sit on multiple boards taking a cool $250K-500K per gig, going through the motions after a decade. At least the OCC board is increasingly pertinent to its ambitions via its two recent additions. But some of the rest, deadweight. I am on far too many small caps, that are great value vs their potential, all too often burdened by poor and greedy Boards; OCC my biggest position. I am amazed it is not trading higher after the BH deal. Investors are not reading the tea leaves. The majority haven't even looked at the tea leaves.

OCC might be one of the few bright lights in the next couple of years if it gets Remplir to the US market quickly and will rocket if it pulls a partnership out of the bag on ATI, as it did the BH deal.

GLTAH, its going to get ugly more generally.

Last edited by bedger: 09/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.