OCC 1.22% 41.5¢ orthocell limited

OCC Trading, page-810

1. 3,845 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 654
    I think I finally worked out why OCC can never get any lasting traction, and why especially the share price was a flop after the positive rotator cuff results.

it is because of because of the huge number of unlisted options awarded.

The annual report said that around 6 million options were due to expire 31dec 2021. Their exercise price is 25c. so far I think about one million of those options have been exercised, leaving 5 million still to go.

I am guessing the lucky beneficiaries of these options sell OCC shares on market to pay for the 25c exercise price.

6 million options with exercise price of 25c means $1.5 m worth of shares of fully paid may get sold to fund the exercise price.

OCC is a thinly traded stock, so $1.5m worth of shares coming onto the market over a couple of weeks is a strain on the share price.

so, of course, it makes sense for these option holders to dump hard into any good news and the days after….like right now.

this option nightmare isn’t going away either…all up, there are 33 million unlisted options on the books.

I do not think OCC is a stock friendly to retail investors.

Last edited by hotcongo: 17/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.