IVZ 1.41% 7.0¢ invictus energy ltd

Thank you for the video.One positive surprise is that the...

1. 1,494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 337
    Thank you for the video.

One positive surprise is that the seismic with gueesstimated input parameters only delivered good results for this upper drilling section.

The drill path is not far away from a fault in the 200 Dande. Often a drill path is planned to be close to a fault to get into a fractured zone for better production rates. In this case we were told this 200 Dande is tight there, that means low porosity respectively low permeability. Its a pitty we did not get any estimated numbers or ranges for porosity and Sw.

I think it is dodgy and a speculation to say based on the existing seismic that the poro-perm is better when you drill the 200 Dande 100, 200 m away from the fault. Perhaps it is true perhaps the formation is even tighter there. I wonder if the gas chimney from the seismic was seen during drilling.

The gas readings in the mud are critical for safety. I personaly would not start drilling a hole without a proper functioning gas chromatograph but I would have no problem to start drilling a vertical hole or section without fully functioning MWD (IVZ did it the other way round and I think they thought they are on the safe side anyway with the pretty high mud weight). As I understood IVZ was not able to measure gas shows because of a technical failure and it is a real pity that we do not have this direct and important proof.

Not taking the gas samples with a wireline tool was as a decision okay because of the high mud weight, of the long exposure, of the tight formation. On the other hand differential sticking was not seen or reported during drilling and during the wireline run or during running the casing, if you want to discuss.

Its good to hear that IVZ think that they got gas in the 200 formation, although it is interpreted from the resistivity logs only (!) and not reported as gas shows and not reported as fluorescence in the cuttings. Because of this missing hint from the fluorescence I think there is no oil there. And I am not 100% sure if there is gas in the Dande 200 or not - but lets say we can be 85% sure with the data and information IVZ delivered. And I do not understand why they delivered the hint with the difficult mineralogy. For me this sounds like an emergcency exit excuse when there is no gas in the 200 Dande at the end of the day?

The drilling of the thick shale is good. Hopefully the coming targets have nice reservoir parameters and are full with gas. Still, the next drilled meters will make or break the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.41%)
Mkt cap ! $99.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.2¢ 6.9¢ $132.1K 1.881M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20336 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.1¢ 265794 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.0¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 6.9¢ 475453
Last updated 15.48pm 02/05/2024 ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.