G79 0.00% 2.7¢ goldoz limited

Hi Everyone, Apologies as this is sort of off topic, but not...

1. 357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Hi Everyone,

Apologies as this is sort of off topic, but not totally, and no doubt it might irritate some people, but we are in waiting mode, so I would like to share a story and some thoughts. Tune out here if you prefer only to read a couple of sentences.

I had to consider buying a new car late last year, so decided on a Mustang. Not as expensive as I thought, just had to wait several months for it to arrive. Liked the look of the car in the US last year, and it is distinctive, and so is MUS with only selling rubies.

For me it is great car. No I didn't get the V8 version, for many reasons, same chassis though, and probably just as well, as I only had it less than 48 hours and got a speeding fine, so I definitely didn't need the V8, but it was worth the wait, and less running costs. Still have to concentrate on keeping it within the speed limits though.

It naturally wants to go faster than the speed limit. Around town, I only get to 3rd gear and just 4th gear, out of 6 gears available, though great on open roads much further out of town.

At the time, I figured the car should have a number plate that suits the car and which belongs to the car, not just advertising the owner. I tried a few variations and all taken.

I eventually came up with: 1 - MUS - 7. Actually it does work for the vehicle and didn't cost a ridiculous price.

The number plate translates to Mustang 17, which is the model year, although some read it in passing as 'I Must' and ask what? I usually explain that MUS is a shareholding I have, that is Mustang Resources. It was also in line with the thinking at the time that Mustang resources will achieve what they set out to achieve in 2017.

However, MUS share price dropped off a cliff about the time of delivery, in any case, the car was definitely worth the wait, and I hope MUS is also worth the wait, as I suspect it will be.

I am sure CJ will deliver for many reasons, as he has to now, but he will learn eventually, that it may be wise to consider to understate the target just slightly then over deliver, as always trying to hit the highs all the time is not always achievable for anyone, regardless of how good you think you are.

It might impress initially, but the end result is to deliver what is expected, so don't raise expectations to the absolute limit of what is possibly achievable, as naturally you will fail at some point, as not always do things go to plan.

Mostly successful businesses, understate and then over deliver, and everyone is happy. Do the opposite and usually it is grief for everyone for many reasons.

MUS is selling secondary rubies to the market, so higher quality. Therefore, realistically set the bar at the right level for what you can realistically supply for all scenarios, and not state the maximum you think you can supply, if all things work your way, and everyone will be happy with the end result.

Apologies for the off topic, oh and the length, and probably boring, but as always just odd thoughts as usual. Ignore if you wish.

Cheers
    gsmaree

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G79 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.