ALT 0.00% 0.1¢ analytica limited

October Launch, page-19

1. 3,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    I thought shares were issued today.

I think the way the capital raisings work is that while the plebs get offered the shares at 3c the sophistiset are offered 3c plus a back hander or underwriting fee so they get the opportunity to get ALT for less than 3c give a shortfall which I presume can be engineered.

The sophistiset can sell ALT at 3c today and still make their money as their brokerage is typically less than the cost of the underwriting back hander.

When offered the underwriting back hander hypothetically back on 26Sep when ALT was at 4.1c and presuming the sophistiset had ALT stock they could sell it for 4.1c and pick up stock from the expected shortfall at 3c. If the shortfall is more than expected then they can still sell the excess at 3c and still make money as per previous paragraph.

I don't know this to be true - it's just a theory.

If my thinking is right the sophistiset are not really sold on Pericoach as a winner which is my main worry as I am holding ALT. As always if the sales don't come through our gooses will be cooked like gyro gearloose's.
    Last edited by tanon: 05/11/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.