TVN 2.61% 5.9¢ tivan limited

October News, page-107

1. 323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    Well here is some October Titanium news (not from TNG)!

https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov....ent-variation-supports-Tronox-operations.aspx

The following extract from the press release got me puzzled (what's the implication of the bold text taken together?):

Under the State Agreement, Tronox Management Pty Ltd operates a heavy mineral sands mine at Cooljarloo, dry processing and synthetic rutile plants near Muchea, and a titanium dioxide pigment plant at Kwinana. This variation will allow Tronox to pursue new sources of feedstock for its Muchea and Kwinana processing facilities from tenements currently not covered by the State Agreement.

WA Premier: "The integration of Tronox's operations make it one of our most significant value-adding projects, with the processing of ilmenite into titanium dioxide pigment increasing its value by about 15 times. Tronox's operations provide a substantial contribution to the State's economy, including more than 600 direct jobs, over $7 million in annual royalties, and about $250 million spent on local goods and services each year. This variation will provide Tronox with greater flexibility to remain competitive in the global market by allowing the use of additional feedstock and thereby ensuring production at its State Agreement facilities is maintained."

And TNG in the mean time (for the past few years) is very busy behind the scenes...I can only imagine WA gov and Tronox would not want TNG (HQ'd in WA) progressing in one sense. I can't work out if Tronox is friend or foe to TNG in the longer term wrt TIVAN (if it ever gets going!!) - would Tronox ever consider licensing it? If yes, why else would they license it (other than its cheapest cost to produce)? If no, why not?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.002(2.61%)
Mkt cap ! $101.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $22.27K 380.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 114864 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 60110 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.