RNE 0.00% 0.4¢ renu energy limited

odd trading behaviour

1. 359 Posts.
    Let me try to express a concern about the trading activity I have observed for some time now on GDY.

As the company moves through a period of slow progress on critical activities and has been experiencing annoying albeit really minor but nonetheless annoying delays the share price
    has been getting pushed down with an amount of volatility that is rather unsettling as well as unrealistic.

Good and true holders who comment here and thousands more like us who don't use HotCopper will be getting worried and I fear 'scared' out of holding their stock. Of course the decisions to hold or sell are entirely their own and my feelings on this are entirely my own and I am simply stating them for discussion.

1. Many of us realise that GDY is getting very close to monumental landmarks in their development which should be very beneficial to the share price and public interest in GDY's activities.

2. The behaviour of the trading and price action does not seem consistent with this.

3. The downward movement of the stock during this time seems unnatural to me. Granted the broader market has been faring no better and it is easy to simply accept that GDY is being affected by all the broader market uncertainty that is occuring in all world markets. Hmm. Maybe.

4. I no longer actively trade as such, though have traded over many years. I only use an on-line broking service in a small way and don't have a contact with a personal broker anymore. I do retain an on-line real time market data service as an interest.(The Bourse).

5. I have observed for many weeks what I am referring to as "unusual trading activity" on my Market Depth screen and I cannot explain what it is really about.
    It suggests to me that the share price is possibly being manipulated and if so by some person or group who can trade essentially,

a. Brokerage free, and

b. In parcels of lower than the minimum allowed on the market, (to the best of my knowledge).
    My understanding is that the minimum tradeable parcel must be of at least $500 value.

Any day the volumes being traded are displayed in a large number of miniscule lots. 15, 17, 25 , 40, all sorts of volumes such as this among more realistic parcels.

OK. I'll be the mug. I am quite happy to be shown where I am 'out of touch' here.

If anyone on this forum can enlighten me as to what is happening I would be glad to hear. Obviously buying say 17 shares @ say $1:40 = $24 odd value is pointless.

It may be wonderfully innocent. Then again it may not be.

geojac

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.904M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 10819005 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 4421312 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.