RNE 0.00% 0.5¢ renu energy limited

REVIEW TIME.Right. There have been a great string of responses...

1. 359 Posts.
    REVIEW TIME.
    Right. There have been a great string of responses to the question of "What is the explanation of the Weirrrd trading patterns on 'our' Gdy stock?"

Quick as I can, from the top, -:
    jezza302 - wrote how in filling a buy order for say 1,000 GDY it can end up getting filled in 3 or 4 bights of odd amounts.
    I agree, though any who have scanned the Tick History I posted yesterday can see there is more to it than that.

gattiweb - pointed out stocks from BHP down have been copping irrational volatility but also feels GDY's movements are excessively frivolous, moving up or down excessively for the most feeble reasons. Agreed mate.

billblogs - Ha! billb raises the spectre of 'BOT' trading as an explanation for all these repetitive low amounts traded.
    I don't know much, or anything about this billblogs but the idea is simple enough to grasp and the behaviour fits well with the unnatural numbers seen as well as the overall up/down nature of things.
    This would point up the fact that the 'operator' would have to be enjoying the luxury of zero or near zero brokerage costs.

phatman - Gives further good insight into 'bot' trading.

av - Yep. Your thoughts look good to me mate.
    "Dangling the bait". Placing sell as well as buy orders
    to 'go with the flow' rather than just pushing things one way.
    A major part of playing the game as is developing here would be the need to maintain a good quantity of shares bought at the lows to have on hand to sell down at a higher level when a recovery looks to them to have gone far enough and a cooked O ring or something affords a good enough excuse to trigger another caning of the stock and help a down trend once more. Bastards! We cry.

Herbiejohnster - Like what you say. I go along with your thinking that the backroom boys may well be involved by way of moves to reduce costs in large investors like Tata moving in to GDY.
    'Cool hand Luke' might be a better name for you Herbiej. I think you are playing this game right in buying some more when 'our friends' create the opportunities. The fundamentals have not changed. To the contrary, they continue to strengthen.

NeilN - More good explanation on Bot trading. I'm convinced.
    Suits my suspicious mind maybe?
    Yep. Well partly that but moreso it fits so logically and well the trading patterns. Borne out by the 'mechanical' nature of the actions.

Well thanks again guys. The only remaining question to my mind is Who and Why?? OK . That's two questions.

Who? Straight question.

Why? Just a simple ploy for profit making?, or, could it be an attempt for some reason to keep the price down at these levels, maybe sucking out small holders shares at the same time, while avoiding some premature blow-off before really big news comes out.

cheers,
    geojac

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.630M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $5.378K 1.116M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 195874 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 7451883 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.20pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.