O'Dwyer: Libs 'homophobic, anti-women, climate-change deniers.', page-25

1. 6,677 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 290
    Hi, 

The interesting thing about the liberal party is that the points of difference have become wider, but the things they disagree on are not the big ticket items, ie taxation, the economy, industrial relations, the size of government, that once defined them. The culture wars (being a lefty, what I would call the sad frightened old men wars), people's genitals, multiculturalism, nationalism, are much harder to keep under a broad church.  I doubt there is room for 2 parties (or 3 , if you count the nats) to the right of the Labor party. I agree with Billy, they need to change their rules and structure to be more disciplined. In the short term they need to take out the trash making them less relevant to the Australian electorate. Turnbull, and now Morrison , both have foolishly tried to reason with the Muppets. Pointless. 

Crush them now, and perhaps have a chance at the next election.

A note on ODwyer, this is no lefty , but a hard as nails, economic dry. 

She is simply stating that this is how the electorate sees the libs, and it looks bad.

If  the Christian right and climate crazies were  helpful, no doubt she would run with their views.

But she recognises that the more old white male votes they get, they lose far more of the young and women.

Keep in mind, I want the Muppets to win in the liberal party, best chance of me seeing a big lurch to the left in Australia.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.