KFM 1.52% 6.7¢ kingfisher mining ltd

@asteroiderNot a great feeling if those numbers are correct,...

1. 1,983 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1605
    @asteroider
    Not a great feeling if those numbers are correct, knowing that we are invested in one of the worst performing stocks on the ASX of late.

But it wasn't that long ago we did have a nice run on the lead up to the cap raise and before the seed money was due to hit the market and just prior to drill results. Unfortunately all that stuff is often timed specially when you are dealing with the bottom end of town and with a recently listed company.
    The type of investor attracted to a new IPO is often keen to lump a few assets together and make a quick buck and move onto the next opportunity. And those that 'hold long' often sit on the free or very heavily discounted shares they received anyway so in reality their level of investment risk is nowhere near that of most punters paying market rates.

We are still working through the register with the type of investor above unfortunately.

My balanced thoughts below:

I think blind freddy can see that the REE sector in general has copped a hiding in recent times and KFM have been no different to many other stocks in taking it's own hammering as a result of this.

However this does present a very good investment opportunity at current levels (even though not 1 share has been traded today so no one agrees with me!).....

Since Kingfisher listed the value proposition has grown substantially. In particular, since the airborne geophysics survey results were announced. We have stumbled across so much potential for REE targets it's not funny.

When sentiment turns positive again for REE's things can turn again for the better quickly.

However - I would put down the drop from over 60c to nearing the cap raise price by the day of 20c as 2/3's market / REE market reaction (sentiment) and 1/3 KFM's inability to market the companies value proposition given all of the new opportunity we have and drilling results. The inability to better educate the market on top of market sentiment have turned this into sector and market rinsing into a blood bath.

Kingfisher commented that we were already planning on returning to MW2 next drill campaign for infill and extension drilling - prior to the drill results from MW2. I was happy to read that however surprised the ASX let that through, it is a very, very bullish comment to make and one might say, a leading (or misleading comment) as results were pending.

Now you don't see many companies write such bullish statements prior to results and so for many who read that (I am guilty as charged on this), logic would lead one's thought process and investment decisions to thinking that we were going to receive 'slam dunk' style drill results.

"Why would we commit to going back to MW2 already when we have so many other prospective targets unless they loved what they saw out there drilling" I thought to myself.

And so the results were nowhere near what many assumed what might come and they move on.

And so this is where good marketing and education comes in from management, or it least it should have.
    New exciting presentation and off to sell the story. It should have been ready to go and opportunities to present booked. (After all, we had already said we were going back to MW2)

We have had crickets apart from rock chip samples we would have been sitting on the results of for ages anyway, however timed their announcement smooth out the news flow but by then the market has left the building.

Market sentiment aside we should not be sitting here with an EV of under 7 million.

I have access to many brokers and have been trying to push the story.
    I contacted management to say I could get them in front of new brokers after drilling results to tell the KFM story and I have had no follow up on this.

I also asked for some sort of marketing or preso that could be distributed to a whole broker team to promote KFM.

The answer I got - it's all in the quarterly. And we will be updating a new corporate presentation once the field season starts.

Would we not be using every opportunity to talk Kingfisher including with many brokers?
    The fact this is not a consideration is quite baffling.
    Who else here would hope to be seeing KFM promoting the investment opportunity at the moment?

IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KFM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
0.001(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $3.599M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.5¢ 7.0¢ 6.5¢ $6.228K 93.23K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2327 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.5¢ 10172 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.30pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KFM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.