MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

Defplayer,I just wanted to respond to your post regarding...

1. 7,044 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Defplayer,

I just wanted to respond to your post regarding farmers.
    Firstly I will give you the benefit of the doubt regarding some of your assertions and assume that you are a frustrated shareholder. I believe it's a little unfair to blame all the delays on farmers as the State government and MEL themselves have a part in the lack of progress.

The reference to raping and piliging is quite offensive as I believe that farmers stay on their land because they do care about protecting and improving it.They certainly aren't there because they are making truckloads of money.
    I am on the record as a supporter of CSG and I do understand the gas extraction process but I know from many conversations with other farmers in this area that most have no idea about how their water supplies will be protected. They have been swamped by the concerted propaganda from LTG and I suppose many have been swayed by their info. This is where the gas industry has failed.Surely it can't be that hard to hold information days or even a bus trip to Qld to see the industry in action where only bonfide landholders are admitted.

That is your other problem in this area. Most of the protestors are living in rural areas but they are not farmers they are very vocal lifestylers.

I would also say that the industry has performed poorly at times in Qld.I have heard that one farmer received two cases of beer for signing his agreement.This is a ridiculous situation. Generous payments based on a proportion of royalties must be mandatory to gain widespread support.

According to our solicitor we only own the top foot of soil which we have systematically destroyed according to you.I suggest that you need to get out onto some real farms.The situation is very different to what you portray.
    I remember someone made a similar statement to me a few years ago and I asked how they had come to this conclusion.
    Oh we flew over the country a couple of weeks ago.Give me a break!!

Slight diversion there. My point about only owning the topsoil is that we can never deny entry or "lock the gate" once a company fulfils all the requirements set out by the government.If an agreement is not reached mutually there is a mediation process.

I think you will find that the farmers who are protesting are concerned about the future of their land.This is not an unreasonable position to take considering they have worked hard to pay for the property and they see the introduction of gas extraction as a threat.

I wonder how you would feel if a drilling rig turned up in your residential street and started drilling without proper negotiation and proceeded to make significant impact on the quality of your life. That is the crux of the problem.Everyone sees their farm or home as their castle and become very protective unless they are included in the whole process.Australians have gone to war and died valiantly to stop the japanese holding the title deeds to their country.They will not just give up because you reckon they have already destroyed the land.

This is where the mud slinging should stop and interested parties get together to nut this out.As one famous coach said "it's not rocket surgery!!".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.244M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1971941 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 7823136 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.