MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

20 GENERAL PURPOSE STANDING COMMITTEE NO. 5—TAKE NOTE OF...

1. 294 Posts.
    20 GENERAL PURPOSE STANDING COMMITTEE NO. 5—TAKE NOTE OF REPORT
    Order of the day read for resumption of the adjourned debate of the question on the motion of Mr Brown:
    That the House take note of Report No. 35 of General Purpose Standing Committee No. 5 entitled “Coal
    seam gas”, dated May 2012.
    Debate resumed.
    Question put and passed.

I've spent a little time ruminating on exactly what took place here, I also endured the laborious task of listening to about 3 hours of NSW parliament yesterday in the hope I would catch some kind of comment; I didn’t. And for the record, unless you are searching for a cure for insomnia, give it a miss.

I don’t believe there will be any more discussion on this report in parliament this week. I believe this process was purely designed to take note of the report and make the information contained within available to the wider public:

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/web/common.nsf/key/resourcessystemHowParliamentWorks:
    “Tabling of Reports and Papers - Tabling papers is an important method of making information available to the House and the public. Generally, once a paper is tabled in the House it becomes a public document and when ordered to be printed, attracts parliamentary privilege and becomes part of the permanent Parliamentary record. Some papers, for various legal, security or other reasons, may be restricted to Members only.”

This specific report was already available to the public however, as we’ve seen on several occasions, so why table it again? Puzzling… Whatever the reason it is clear that some discussion must have taken place.

Parliament will sit again today, so I would not expect any announcement. They will NOT be sitting tomorrow however, so if any announcement is forthcoming, I would expect it to be then.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.988M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 13713050 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 1106679 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.04am 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.