MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

cowcockie,Firstly, I acknowledge the importance of farming. We...

1. 3,134 Posts.
    cowcockie,

Firstly, I acknowledge the importance of farming. We need food on the table. I am pragmatic.

Secondly, we are talking about broader farming issues, not nailing all farmers.

Thirdly, not all farmers are involved. The word “farmers” is generic.

For some farmers to stand alongside other protesters, who cite environment issues to oppose CSG, is hypocritical. What I have stated regarding their farming practices have been widely reported and have been taught in schools. Nothing is of my own research or deduction. Don’t kill the messenger.

To think that farmers join the protests to only to protect their topsoil may be a bit naïve. There are many possible reasons.
    1. Some farmers protest to extract a bigger compensation from the CSG industry. Are you defending the battler or the green-eye-fairies?
    2. Some are members of political parties, polarizing the community on an issue, which will be put onto a platform to galvanize votes. Are farmers stooges of political parties?
    3. Some are instruments of foreign powers to stop or at least slow down the export of energy to “enemies”. Energy is the fuel of a nation’s economy. You stop the supply of energy; you stop the engine of a nation’s economy. Is a hidden war in our midst?
    4. Some are xenophobia.
    5. Some fear things new.
    6. Some fear a change in status quo.
    7. Some are professional protesters paid by interest groups.
    8. Some wish to protect their lifestyles.
    9. Some want to raise awareness to keep the bastards honest.
    10. Lastly, some are genuinely concern about the environment.

We are not slinging mud at the farmers, just highlighting that the CSG footprints will be smaller than theirs.

I am also a realist. Reports say NSW will run out of gas by 201? If we don't use what we have, we will need to import it from elsewhere. Are we saying, it is alright for others to carry the burden but not us?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.244M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1971941 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 7823136 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.