CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

Yes - I too have been burned by other stocks. One company had...

1. 8,527 Posts.
    Yes - I too have been burned by other stocks. One company had solid Australian management, but an alleged crooked relative of the overseas founder. He was allegedly cooking the books. Got a slap on the wrist in his local courts - but ASIC here did nothing - air fares cost too much, it seems.

Generally speaking, I have the same criticism of ASIC in this instance. Nothing's been done.

Rivkin got gaol for what - a few hundred bucks so-called insider trading - ended in goal - and tragic suicide.

I harp on this - but it's pathetic that our laws come down hard on little old harmless men and women, who find their pensions cut and face up to stiff Centrelink music if they understate their incomes by a few bucks - occasionally, perhaps - unintenionally, perhaps - but minisculely.

Yet we read of allegedly "suss" companies, with seemingly dependenable Boards of Management, allegedly being so openly blatant and conniving in their contempts for authority and the law. The AFP got the Bali 9 convicted from a distance - on a tip off from one of the Dads - yet ASIC, on the spot here - an with plenty of evidence to hand from disgruntled and suddenly "poor" shareholders, with regard to so many allegations cannot seem to get a case together dealing with these alleged wrongdoings (allegedly pre-meditative), allegedly involving millions! Most of it shareholder funds.

As shareholders/taxpayers, we must ask why? When money seems no object to Federal Government at present - they're throwing it around like confetti! If ASIC are ineffective - or cash strapped gto the extent they're so selective that they'll only take on what they feel are absolutely winnable cases - is it not then time to consider a more effective alternative?

It's almost like not having any public protection at all!
    Shareholders beware!! No police at this station!

It's absolutely pathetic!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.