LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

Ff, I can only say my perception is 180 degrees from yours.Lynas...

1. 19,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4970
    Ff, I can only say my perception is 180 degrees from yours.

Lynas and Moly are stumbling into production at exactly the RIGHT time, more by accident than design.

Your "Boom" was simply that of price & speculation, not underlying demand, but was destructive, particularly at that point of the underlying cycle.

Not sure what you're looking at but I can only see recovering demand, auto & FCC probably the strongest and most obvious although Con K. at Moly also nominates industrial Robotics as a hotspot (Capital Goods - middle recovery in the economic cycle).

Gotta laugh at the current popular fad of disparaging LRE when not only is it far & away the volume end of the business but also flows to the demand segments with the highest CAGR's, Nd/Pr & La to magnets, batteries & FCC, with the first two also being the highest value add segments = pricing power.

By contrast Eu, Tb & Y flow to phosphors with the lowest CAGR & Dy is uncertain due to tech advances in magnet manufacture to the point Kingsnorth is forecasting a surplus 2016.

Total HRE demand (excluding Y) is only circa 2.5ktpa, Nd/Pr + La are clearly the business end of the RE spectrum and should not be tainted by Ce.

Strongly suggest you spend a little time studying Chinese PRODUCTION quotas, as distinct from export.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.