LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

off to 32c and beyond soon ?, page-145

1. 1,633 Posts.
    Ausheds :)

Put you on Ignore for having a well reasoned opinion that differs from mine sometimes - not a chance!

Neither you nor I know everything about the RE industry but at least I can see you often have good reasoning to support your POV and I enjoy the conversation. Right or wrong we have different POV caused by our personal histories and the world would be a boring place if we all agreed about everything. The stimulation would appear to be good for both of us anyway LOL :)

I agree that all markets and market sectors to a lesser degree are dynamic non-linear systems that are unstable and hence oscillate. From there you and I seem to disagree, regarding what can be considered a symptom and what drives these dynamic systems? Agreed it is difficult but I would say it was a case of "the chicken or the egg" which came first?

Is it the cycle that drives the overproduction or the other way round? If it is not either and it is just plain human greed that drives the cycles and different cycles drive different sectors just by chance, then how can we mugs measure these cycles reliably without direct access to all the relevant information??

I would suggest all we can do is rely on second hand information like the SP charts, production/export quotas, and various indexes, other published articles etc. Perhaps not the best way but it is better than trying to invest in the dark relying on pure chance. Do you agree?

On the supply and demand issue, I am aware of the management of several RE companies trying to talk it up with statements like the "green shoots early signs" spin from LYC however the problem I have is that the market does not believe it as can be seen in the SP charts of all the companies charts that you posted earlier.

BTW I am only going to buy back in to the RE sector LYC when my charts tell me to do so! Despite the supply and demand situation, I am only in this to make money and for that purpose there are many better sectors and stocks atm. So I will wait until the RE sector and Lynas has a confirmed trend change before I go long again. When they do Lynas should be one of the Best!

Anyway Ausheds discussing your views with me seem to bring out your best posts as others and I seem quite willing to agree! Surely you wouldn't want to stop? :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.