ADO 4.76% 2.2¢ anteotech ltd

Off-topic chat, page-25

1. 4,283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 815
    I checked out Dr Chris Landsea. Interesting name...does he live on the coast?!? Probably being a tropical storm expert.  

Very highly credentialed. Still working for the hurricane centre. But not IPCC. He doesn't like the 'alarmist view' around climate change and yes that is what it has become, but for good reason. We are walking towards a cliff here.

He is one of 28 respected scientists who's opinions were reported in articles and a book called The deniers by Lawrence Solomon.  Who all acknowledged global warming but did not believe it to be man made.

Really ?  So all the CO2 released from fossil fuels, from oil and coal, laid down over hundreds of millions of years (since the birth of the planet)  and released into the atmosphere in less than a hundred years since the industrial age began, is not the reason why CO2 ppm has risen OFF the chart ?  It's frankly incredulous to think these people don't believe it.  

But it could be solar winds and cosmic activity. I hope someone is measuring that.  Did they propose good alternative reasons ? I dont know. Probably not otherwise we would hear all about it right ?  

These people have a right to there say and maybe like to be noticed.  But when CO2 gets to 450 ppm and the hurricanes are more intense and more frequent, will he update his wikipaedia entries with a follow up saying that he was wrong.  And really badly wrong.  And holding back the progress needed to do something about it now.  I certainly hope so.

The solar cycle is 11 years long. Sunspots per month averaged over a year. Cycle goes from minimum to minimum and the last cycle (24) ended in mid 2018. So solar activity will be increasing from here for the next 5-6 years. It is predictable pattern going back over two hundred years apparently, when first discovered by Schwabe in 1843. Wolfe reconstructed the cycle back to 1745. The first cycle(1) started 1755. Has been 24 since.

The current scientific consensus, most specifically that of the IPCC, is that solar variations do play a marginal role in driving global warming,[76] since the measured magnitude of recent solar variation is much smaller than the forcing due to greenhouse gases.[85] Also, solar activity in the 2010s was not higher than in the 1950s (see above), whereas global warming had risen markedly. Otherwise, the level of understanding of solar impacts on weather is low.[86]

We shall see.  

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $54.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $12.91K 587.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 371473 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 289608 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.