ADO 4.76% 2.2¢ anteotech ltd

Off-topic chat, page-26

1. 1,890 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    I've got an old boss who taught me a very valuable lesson a long time ago.  You can be righteous or you can be rich, but very rarely can you be both in any sustainable way.

The simple fact of the matter is no matter how much people want us to be there, the infrastructure in most modern countries simply can't be supported by alternative fuel sources.  As pointed out, to do what you are claiming to be right would likely bankrupt our nation relatively quickly.

PF also points out, quite correctly, that electricity has to be produced.  I can tell you as of last year, coal-fired energy costs ~$14-$15p/kw hr to produce.  The same kilowatt hour to produce in a very efficient hydro station located in QLD costs ~$25p/kw hr.  The average retail price for power in QLD is $27p/kw hr.  In my experience the hydro-plant only gets used to produce in emergency situations, or to meet contractual obligations where oversold.  If we move to hydro to produce electricity, the retail prices will double.  Can you afford that?  I can't.

I believe the transition will be gradual.  Getting viable batteries with large storage capacity and then affordable for the average Joe, it will take time.  I believe ADO is well placed to be on the cutting (if not bleeding) edge of the change.  Taking time to crawl/walk/run will be a good thing for shareholders imho.

It's great to have a noble cause in fairy tales, but in real life they most often get you killed.  This ain't Disney...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $54.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $12.91K 587.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 371473 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 289608 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.