ADO 0.00% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

Off-topic chat, page-48

1. 729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1689
    Fair comment, JustIntonation.  Many of those were legacy systems, interlinked in so many ways, that it was better to rewrite a suite than try to modify the system specs and code.  And much good work was done, including yours, I'm sure, given the even temper and balance of your posts.  My reference to it all was not that the work was pointless, far from it.  (You will recall that for a year or so afterwards, there was less application development work around, as so much effort and money had gone into the 1998-1999 years.)  It was that there were some salespeople and businesses that thrived on the uncertainties.  For there was much ado made, leading up to 31st December 1999.  (No pun intended there, nor did I have Shakespeare in mind.)  I recall being asked to prepare a paper on the threats should logistics systems, even building lifts, operate incorrectly (or not at all), because of the rollover.  I was at that time consulting to an organisation that had multiple offices overseas. That I was asked to do so was for me an indicator of the widespread concern in some circles in Australia, concerns that were fanned into fears in some quarters.  Some people were actually stock-piling food in the event of supermarket shelves becoming empty - in this country!  (Personally I don't know what's wrong with a good supply of Weetbix, although so far I've avoided having to wet them with water rather than milk.)

But I do find it interesting that Asia in particular was untroubled by the looming rollover. Why? Was it that Asia, including Japan, was less dependent at the time on IT systems? Or was it more a matter of different perceptions about the change?  I do not remember hearing of any ructions for those countries.

It is the nature of collective fear that is the interesting phenomenon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $3.414K 161.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 384663 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 616353 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.