ADO 0.00% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

Off-topic chat, page-49

1. 1,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 640
    You have obviously lived through some similar experiences as I.

I recall unexpectedly losing my immediate contract manager and another contractor on the team about 9 months before the deadline - they were poached by EDS for a crash Y2K project in S Korea by the traditional method of "being made a financial offer they couldn't refuse", so certainly some large and very well funded Y2K projects were happening in Asia.  Their key skills for the gig were a very specific set of niche AS/400 assembler and COBOL skills.  We were at the tidying up stage in my project anyway so no hardship - by that time my major Y2K projects for a different client (in Tandem TAL, C, and 8x86 assembler) were already well in the past.

I recall hearing on their return about about a significant amount in US cash per contractor being set aside if the worst happened and there was civil disorder, so someone was taking it seriously - as you say, there was significant collective fear, and at least some of it was shown by the experienced grey beards, not the inexperienced young whipper snappers.  I myself didn't go full survivalist but I certainly made sure I'd done a thorough shop before New Year.

I know for a fact that the code I was asked to work on would have failed completely without remediation, locking out all client-sever software (it was cryptographic security middleware) and the resulting problems would have been quite significant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $3.414K 161.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 384663 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 616353 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.