EXT 0.00% 0.8¢ excite technology services ltd

So if the Chinese only needed the 90% to make a compulsary...

1. 7,464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    So if the Chinese only needed the 90% to make a compulsary aquisition, then I should assume that overnight with Kah trading 917,000 shares plus that the deal will be complete. Interesting that the article below says Kah as the parent company (smirk)

In all seriousness, by RIO agreeing to the sale they put the deal into the chinese hands, not neccessarily by numbers but by power. No doubt they have done a deal with the japanese, but I still stand by the fact that the Chinese went directly after KAH because they only every wanted the 42% of EXT that KAH own. OR is the entire thing to draw a picture. Hmmmm Now will be the time that we can see what Johnathon Leslie has been doing behind the scenes.

It wouldnt surprise me if the entire game has been drawn ages ago, hence the deal of 5% because EXT knew what RIO were prepared to pay. Be happy if we get that $9.08, prefer more of course.

I dont hold my breath though, I felt sad for the Kah holders that held on, I have read the UK board and see how many people believed there would be a better bid come from outside. I do think they were stitched up, the way brokers were buying up the stock, making the small holders believe that brokers were buying in for something better. Then to find out really they were buying for China all along.

I am glad the Chinese were not able to start buying EXT yet, however, who are the brokers in our top 20 buying for. Hmmm I have always said it, the stock market is the most deceptive place I have ever played!

I am still putting sentiment as hold but I do hope you all make your own decisions as I know no more than you!

Harlee

LONDON – China Guangdong Nuclear Power Corp. has made its offer for London-listed Kalahari Minerals PLC (KAH.LN) wholly unconditional, marking another step in its quest to secure more uranium for China's growing fleet of nuclear power stations.

CGNPC, through its Taurus bid vehicle, has secured acceptances representing 89.5% of the Kalahari's total share capital as of 1300 GMT, Thursday, placing the company in a position to make its GBP632 million (US$999 million) for Kalahari Minerals unconditional.

Kalahari Minerals main asset is a nearly 43% interest in Australia's Extract Resources Ltd. (EXT.AU), which owns the Husab uranium project in Namibia, a massive deposit that promised to become one the world's largest uranium mines.

Trading in Australia's Extract Resources was halted Friday while the company awaits a likely bid from CGNPC that would value it at almost A$2.2 billion (US$2.4 billion).

The Chinese companies have said they would abide by Australian takeover rules, which require the bid to be extended to Extract Resource's shareholders within four weeks of them securing more than 50% of parent Kalahari.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2012/02/03/cgnpc-says-kalahari-minerals-offer-declared-unconditional/#ixzz1lMQipCtm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.8¢ $10.38K 1.268M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2633426 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 4663246 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.