VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

My little thought of disapointment was back with the decision to...

1. 29 Posts.
    My little thought of disapointment was back with the decision to consolidate the shares 20:1 in the first place.

At the time what was deemed the reason/benefit of this..

1) To bump the price to over a $1 so that institutions would buy in.. fail!
    All it really did was provide a higher base to sell the share down. (I know that in the crux it is the same thing, but subconsciously, when coming out of the GFC a share at 7c is less likely to be sold down than the one at $1.30)

2) TO try and avoid a buyout.. fail!
    Back at consolidation I was all for a buy-out given how pathetic management was and deeming it as a better 'quick fix' than a share consolidation.

So all that we are left with is a delayed buy-out offer, which in my opinion has reduced its effectiveness, given that the price continued to decline post-consolidation, AND has tied up our capital for that much longer.

Down to the wire, whether it be a good offer or not is a question of personal preference, but for me I am contemplating whether I sell now (which for me, will luckily put me at a breakeven point) and thank myself for getting out unscathed, or hold out and hope for a higher bid? Right now I am leaning towards the first..

I think it is appropriate to disclose that I got in during the GFC, so bought at what I thought was at a effective base price. When comparing to those who held prior GFC, I am lucky.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.