SLX 5.41% $4.02 silex systems limited

Ryguy3334 - I also found your post very thought provoking, Like...

1. zog
    2,995 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 913
    Ryguy3334 - I also found your post very thought provoking, Like BBo I also spent many years working in the US and endorse many of your thoughts however I don't think the problem is all around the American elites. Like you say the level of ignorance in the US about the world among a large part of the population is remarkable - over here we find it almost laughable that American still get Australia confused with Austria; Austria even has stuffed kangaroos to show confused Americans. At the tender age of 27 I found that it was inadvisable to talk about politics (and religion) when attempting to do a business transaction as opinion was so polarized (in Europe/Australia NZ you can usually talk about these subjects without vilification). I lived in the UK in my youth and experienced the heart searching and overreach they went through when their influence and empire was in decline in the 1940's and 50's. Post WW2 American commanded a lot of respect, it was not only it's military might (the old USSR actually had more - particularly once it got nuclear weapons). The post WW2 the US wanted to put all nuclear weapons under the custody of the UN and for no nation state to have any - the USSR blocked that move. To me the recent ICAN initiative is naive - you have to have an entity with "police" powers - that is what the UN was set up to do. Post war the US commanded a lot of respect, it was a beacon of democracy (although imperfect), a world trader/player (i. the Marshall plan), encouraged and largely operated on the rule of law, took over from the UK with world reaching military power and supported the UN, world bank, IMF etc. That's all changed - we now have "America First", Trump's outrages, threats (i.e we will take your names if you do not support Jerusalem as the capital of Israel), the impact of lobby groups (i.e the Zionist, the falsity of trick down economics, the inequality of the top 1%, wall street irresponsibility, pharmaceuticals, big tobacco, big oil etc) which are undermining respect for the US around the world. In many way our old adversary (Germany) now commands more respect than the US. A massive problem is what the world sees as US double standards (e.g Israel can have nuclear weapons but Iran can't)

Getting back to the subject of nuclear weapons it now appear that rather than enrichment of Uranium the preferred path is to have a civilian nuclear power programme (which could produce Pu - weapons grade if necessary), draw ready nuclear weapons designs and possible research/medical isotope reactor HEU in country. It is rumored that Australia did a deal with the UK over the Maralinga nuclear tests in Australia - they did their test here and we got the tested weapons designs; Australia has no need for nuclear weapons but like many countries in the world (e.g Canada, Mexico, Japan, Germany etc) could easily produce them in short order if required. It seems to me that Silex and more effective enrichment is only really a side show and beyond the reach of terrorists.

There do seems to be some positive moves such as the US sharing the design of asymmetric pits with the Russians (and no doubt other countries) to enhance nuclear safety. Against that we have the US improvements in weapons fuses and missile guidance which makes the US arsenal about 3 times more effective than the Russians (who also have about half the warning period) and now a massive "modernization" of the US arsenal. As you say a big issue, however my feeling is that Silex and enrichment is a side issue. A realization has to be that you cannot uninvent something that's been invented. As Moosey says the Silex genie is now out of the bottle and has to be handled at a different level.

Thanks for your thoughts

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.02
Change
-0.230(5.41%)
Mkt cap ! $952.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.11 $4.12 $3.85 $3.464M 863.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 995 $4.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.06 3085 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.