LMP 3.57% 13.5¢ l&m petroleum limited

offmkt os, page-2

1. 784 Posts.
    "OS XT" stands for "Overseas cross transfer"

A cross transfer is the transfer of ownership of shares between clients within the same broker house.

So the way I see it is a transfer between clients at a single broker, with the clients in differentr countries.

I'm sure this is right, but stand to be corrected on the details.

---------------------

Also it is good to understand what a dual listed company is, this from wikipedia:

A dual-listed company or DLC is a corporate structure which involves two listed companies with different sets of shareholders sharing ownership of one set of operational businesses.

In a conventional takeover one business acquires the shares of another. However when a DLC is created, both companies continue to exist, and to have separate bodies of shareholders, but they agree to share all the risks and rewards of the ownership of all their operating businesses in a fixed proportion. This will be arranged through a complex set of contracts. Usually the two companies will share a single board of directors and have an integrated management structure. A DLC is somewhat like a joint venture, but the two parties share everything they own, not just a single project.

In virtually all cases the two companies are listed in different countries. There are often tax reasons for companies from different jurisdictions to choose DLC status, and once they have done so there can be major tax obstacles to cancelling the arrangement. Issues of national pride may sometimes also be involved; where both parties to a proposed merger or takeover are in a strong position and don't need to merge or accept a takeover, it can be easier to push it through if the country with the smaller business is not "losing" its corporation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.