JRV 0.00% 1.5¢ jervois global limited

Offtake Agreements

1. 1,438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1248
    On the back of BMW's huge $112m cobalt supply contract with Morocco's Managem Group & the recent Tesla/Glencore cobalt deal, I thought that it was time for a new thread.

Future cobalt supply security is clearly on the minds of OEMs & battery supply chain players. This is reflected in the number of offtake agreements that have been dropping. Here are a few:

Tesla & Glencore
    BMW & Glencore
    BMW & Managem Group
    SK Innovation & Glencore
    Umicore & Glencore
    Samsung & Glencore
    GEM & Glencore

It was reported last year (in The Japan Times) that Toyota, Honda & Panasonic were considering a JV to procure cobalt.

And in the last JRV Quarterly Activities Report (14 April 2020), the company provided the following update:

"ICO off-take negotiations have been impacted by Covid-19, particularly in Japan and South Korea where travel has been restricted to date in 2020. Jervois continues to prepare and dispatch physical concentrate samples to additional markets and is engaging with customers remotely".

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to put two and two together here.

For the newbies, offtake agreements are legally binding contracts for future supply. They help reduce risk in terms of finance discussions. I'm usually not all that excited by them, however, the size of the BMW & Managem deal made me sit up and think. If JRV can pull off a decent size offtake with the Japanese and/or Koreans, it really puts us in the box seat in terms of debt financing the ICO mine build. And if JRV can 100% debt finance the ICO or even debt with minimal equity/dilution in the current market, it's fasten your seatbelts, Dorothy, time.

Come on, Bryce!!! You can do it!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JRV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 770000 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 106820 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.50am 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JRV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.