MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Offtake potential

1. 6,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    I'd be interested to hear the thoughts or the more knowledgable guys on here regarding off takes which could be announced anytime from now or over the next few months.

What is the dream scenario?

For me anything linking the offtake to supplying Tesla will be dynamite!!
    We have already heard from the man himself that
    Samsung is not Teslas choice for EV batteries but they do use them with the household application. Panasonic is the link with the EV batteries so is it fair to say an announcement with Panasonic Is as good as an announcment with Tesla themselves?

Tesla need approx 93 kT of graphite per year for the gigafactory which is set to increase to 112kta of flake and 45kta of spherical by the year 2020 to meet their targets.
    I would expect that they would not sign a deal with only one company
    For this full amount of supply due to it being too risky, they would spread it out
    Over a number of different suppliers so the chances of getting the 100Kt are slim to none
    But if it was possible to get a deal for 50-60MT that would be fantastic also.

If Panasonic doesn't come through Samsung would be next best and what other
    Companies would reflect well for offtakes ?

The BFS states a sell price of $2350 p/t.
    From the guys who have had conversations with MNS management and
    Attended meetings/agms, what is their thoughts on this figure, easily achievable, best case or
    Highly likely to be higher? It is stated in the Blue ocean analysis that there is a good potential that the prices achieved could be higher than this.

We have a max capacity projection plant output of 220-240 KTA.
    SYR have just signed at 50kta agreement of a total potential
    Output of 310kta. What are people's expectations of the majority of our annual output
    Getting locked into outtake deals this year given talks with end users in
    North America, Europe, Japan, Korea etc? How much of this 220kpa needs to be
    Pre-sold before they can realistically be able to sign a finance deal to proceed with plant contstruction?

Exciting times ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.